Local Childcare Coordinator
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Screen host family applicants
- Conduct an in-home interview for all new host families to ensure
their suitability and to provide a program orientation.
- Check 2 host family references by telephone.
Support host families and au pairs during their placement
- Place a welcome call to the host family and au pair within 48
hours of the au pair’s arrival into the home.
- Conduct an in-home orientation within 2 weeks of the au pair’s
arrival into the home.
- Introduce the au pair to her new community by creating a welcome
packet of information and identifying educational opportunities.
- Contact all host families and au pairs by telephone once a month
and submit a status report documenting your calls.
- Create and facilitate monthly au pair meetings.
- Conduct two host-family-day events per year.
- Conduct mediations as needed to help resolve placement
difficulties and facilitate positive outcomes.
- Serve as a helpful resource to your host families and au pairs.
- Occasionally house au pairs who may be in transition.
Monitor and maintain all related Department of State
- Live within one hour’s drive of all host families you service.
- Ensure Department of State regulations are maintained throughout
- Immediately report any Department of State violations or concerns
to your manager.
Grow the program in your community
- Recruit new host families by actively promoting the program in
- Plan and implement grass roots marketing strategies in your
- Provide exceptional service that results in repeat customers and
host family referrals.